November 26, 2009

of letting go

you were just a distant memory,
a fictional character in the story of my life,
an accessory to my past.
but you became real again,
when you sat across from me,
it's all real
and you will always be a part of me.
that's because,
you've changed who i am.
i dont believe in things that i used to,
ive become cynical, and independent,
and im not as naive as i used to be,
i've changed.
sometimes, i dont know whether to thank you,
or to blame you.

but now, we've said our goodbyes for good.
and all i can do is wish you well,
and leave it all behind,
and let go.
so,
as katie herzig sorts of sings it,

I want to wish you well,
I didnt watch you go,
cause i suppose i dont know how
I will remember you,
Not the way you left,
but what you knew.
Ill find my way cause you showed me how.
I want to wish you well.

you gave me this card, i stumbled across it in a box under my bed, after the longest time.
and speaking of letting go,
ive finally started sorting my clothes out,
and found myself constantly taking back clothes,
from the "giveaway/throw" pile back to the "keep" pile.
what was left of the giveaway/throw pile.

i dnt wear most of them anymore.
but,
im having trouble letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment