January 15, 2009

truly smile

have u ever had those days,
where nothing seems right,
and the world seems to be falling apart,
have u ever had those nights,
thinking u'll never be able to sleep tight,
as it feels like uve been stabbed right in the heart,
wishing it all to be jst anotha bad dream.
the past week,
that's exactly how i felt,
i felt, like i have nothing,
work was not what i expected it to be,
im still so far behind in my studies,
when the date of the test isnt.
the homesickness ive never had before in the past three years,
is just so overwhelming,
i was lost,
n i had no one to turn to.
but when i woke up this morning,
things were different.
I woke up,
feeling like today s a brand new day,
im a brand new person,
n all my worries were gone,
as if it was never there in the first place.
energised, n rejuvenated,
i was,
me again.
went to work with a great big smile,
instead of the long frown on my face,
with cheerful good mornings from my colleagues,
i knew it was going to be a good day.
a good start at work,
as I learnt how to run gels.
Altho, after lunch,
my super made me read the manuals,
as she was busy with her own stuf,
only to be laughed at by sebastian,
n my super prob heard,
considering she was right next to me.
since then,
things have nvr been better.
she lets me do stuff now,
she s beginning to trust me,
and work is jst like hw i thought it wud be,
in fact,
even better.
i guess, sebastian,
i owe u another great big thanks.
as for the test ,
i gues the only thing i can do,
is to study,
rather than wasting time thinking about it.
as for my homesickness, n loneliness,
i was dead wrong,
i hav evryth i need,
n everyone i love,
right by my side.
thank you my dear,
u're a real true fren,
n i will nvr forget that.
as i woke up this morning,
i smiled.
and as i go to bed tonight,
i can now,
truly smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment