August 3, 2009

hide or ride.

change
it's inevitable.

day to night,
hot to cold,
fresh to stale,
new to old.

just like the weather,
clothes,
time,
people change just as everything else does.

im back in melbourne again,
after a month back home.
the first thought that crossed my mind,
when i stepped into the cab back to my apartment was.

everything is the same,
everything looks the same,
yet, everything feels different.

i used to say that melbourne is my home,
but somehow,
this time round, it just does not feel like.

n so i thought,
oh, its midnight, n ive just reached,
things wud b bk to normal,
once my life starts to pick up again.
n meeting anisha n jian ming on the plane helped too,
cos meant i dint hav to b alone,
for the 8 hours n d cab ride home.

but the moment i got home,
i realised,
this is the first time in 3 n a half yrs,
that i came back to my room alone,
no one waiting for me neither at the airport,
nor at home.

that was when it hit me,
it's all different.
n the series of events that followed,
just proved it right.

it wasnt pleasant,
but it happened anyway.

well, change is inevitable.
it's either we change along, and adapt,
or we get left behind.

so now my lifesstyle here has changed,
how i spend my freetime,
n whom i spend them with aren't the same no more.
im challenging myself to do things i never thought i would ever dare to,
im hanging out with those i thought never in a billion years wud i get along with,
im doing everything differently.
im stepping out of my comfort zone.

and ive got to tell u,
hell yea, it s scary not knowing wat to expect,
but the feeling u get,
of accomplishing sth u nvr dreamed of doing,
is just,
undescribable, n all worth it.

there are things in life that are way beyond our control,
things that we can never predict,
things that altho we dont like for it to happen,
will happen anyway.

but all we can do,
is to make the best of what s been thrown at us.
we can either cry n sulk,
or smile n try.

things all around us change all the time,
like everything else, happens for a reason,
to force us to change along,
to grow n learn,
to step out of the box n discover.

take that leap

No comments:

Post a Comment